Friday 11 May 2012

Meet our Vodafone World of Difference Team...

Hi there,
My name is Dave Marsh aka MAD DOG.
I am really excited to be part of Vodafone World of Difference programme and serving CRED Foundation.
Why ‘MAD DOG’? Over a period of 10 years, I have sent many young people on life-changing  trips with CRED Foundation working in Kenya, Ethiopia, India and Thailand. As I approached retirement after 39 years in teaching I was offered the opportunity to Travel with a CRED team to the Thia /Burma border to work in a Karen refugee community. My wife’s last words to me as I left home were ” Don’t get bitten by a dog!”  It took just 2 days for the BITCH ( the dog that is not my wife) to strike, ( Anti-Rabies injections in the jungle 8hours from a Hospital are not much fun! ) and for that reason I earned the Monica ‘Mad Dog Marsh’ and even know as a respectable trustee of the charity the name still seems to follow. So I will embrace it and rejoice in the title MAD DOG for my Blog and Tweet.

When my four-month  sponsorship finishes at the end of June, I will look forward to continuing to act as Partnership Manager for CRED, all be it in a voluntary capacity, and working as a trustee to ensure CREDs growth and sustainability to find out more visit http://worldofdifference.vodafone.co.uk/blogs/david-marsh/

Meet SAND!
My name is Sand… what??? What did you say your name is? Sand! Yes- Sand please as in Sand on the beach really!…Yes really… This is what I hear often from most people when I meet them for the first time. I guess that’s what makes me unique, in some sense…. I'm everywhere ..because Sand makes the world productive, and I’m far and near ..Joking.. :)

A brief Bio: I'm a graduate of International trade and an International trade consultant, by profession with Africa market as my area of expertise. I am also very passionate about creating business because I think that is the way to change lives, and bring people out of poverty.  which was one of the main attraction for me to CRED Foundation.

Why CRED Foundation? I believe the world has enough resources to make everyone live- life outside the circle of poverty, yet we have billions of people living below poverty level and CRED Foundation is doing something about it. which happens to be one of the main reasons I decided to work with CRED Foundation under the Vodafone World of Difference programme. I count myself lucky to be part of the team at CRED Foundation. …. Transforming Lives! Check out my blog @ http://worldofdifference.vodafone.co.uk/blogs/sand-mba-kalu/

No comments: